This is the last thing I thought I’d be writing following the terrible attack in Manchester only two weeks ago. Again we all woke up to the shocking news of another tragic incident in London. On behalf of you all I send our deepest condolences to all those affected.
As we showed following the Manchester attack, your safety, and that of our customers, will always be our number one priority. We’ve been doing everything we can to support our colleagues and will continue to provide practical advice and reassurance at this very difficult time.
I understand that many colleagues in London, and across the UK, will be feeling anxious about recent events. Please remember we’re here for you.
Our own facilities team is constantly reviewing security across our business to keep us safe, but can I remind all colleagues, especially those working in our stores and funeral homes, that if you have any concerns or worries about your own safety or anyone else’s, please don’t hesitate to do what you feel is right. That might be calling the police or closing your store or funeral home. You have my personal support for doing the right thing to stay safe.
We’ve put together some advice, primarily for colleagues working in store, but I think it’s worth us all reading and then following it.
And remember, there’s also our 24-hour Employee Assistance Helpline where you can talk to an independent person about how you’re feeling.
Please know that we’ll continue to provide support to our colleagues directly affected by the recent attacks to help them through this tough time and we’ll keep you updated on the latest advice to help us all stay safe.
Latest Posts By Co-op Colleagues
- 07.20.18The Safest Used Car for first parents revealed
- 07.18.18Help us shape our approach to colleague wellbeing and get your free personal health report
- 07.17.18“The arrival of the new online recruitment service in stores makes me feel like we’re being listened to by the Support Centre”
- 07.16.18How ‘smart’ software in stores is saving us time, money and energy
- 07.13.18“The work we’re doing with Co-op Academies is strengthening the communities we serve”