Our insurance business has launched a Park Smart tool showing car crime hotspots, so you can make safer choices about where to park.
You can enter any postcode in England and Wales to see how many reports of vehicle thefts, thefts from a vehicle and vandalism there have been in the last six months. Areas are colour coded red, orange or yellow to make it easy to spot areas of concern.
James Hillon, Co-op Insurance Director of Products said:
“Year on year we see a 20% increase in car thefts across the UK. Our tool will help drivers make safer choices about parking and help to keep communities safe.”
As well as choosing parking spaces wisely, Co-op Insurance has this advice for drivers:
- Park close to other cars
- Turn your wheels towards surrounding vehicles or towards the curb
- Park on main roads or near shops and restaurants
- Use a steering lock if you have one
- Keep bags and coats out of sight
- Keep any paperwork that could identify you out of sight