10 parkruns. 50km. 3,000 recipe boxes.
We’re one month into our partnership with parkrun and we’ve loved meeting parkrunners all across the UK, on our mission to create a healthier and happier community through exercise, food and lifestyle.
Co-op colleagues have been blogging about their parkrun experience at parkrun.org.uk, like Stephen Chapman, manager of our Petrol Roundhay store:
“Since starting parkrun back in April 2012 I have taken part in 260 parkruns and have been lucky enough to visit 40 different events so far, from Edinburgh to Guildford. I’m relatively new to Co-op after joining just six months ago, however upon joining it reminded me of parkrun with the strong sense of community and passion for championing a better way of doing business. My store is very active in supporting the local community and I know this is the same across the length and breadth of the UK which is what makes this partnership so special. It is so rewarding to know that I am supporting my local community at work and also at the weekends and I’m really excited for how this partnership will develop.”
If you’d like to blog for parkrun.org.uk get in touch: email@example.com
We know lots of our colleagues enjoy parkrun so we’ve got 200 stylish Co-op running vests to give away if you’d like one to wear at your local parkrun. Update: All the running vests were quickly snapped up so we’re sorry to say they’ve all gone.
Why not share a photo on social media of you at your local parkrun? Use #parkrunxCoop so we can see your post and we’ll send you some likes!
Head over to parkrun.org.uk to see all the events in the UK, and these are the ones we’re planning to be at (these may change but we’ll try and keep the list up to date):
- Saturday 21 October – Bedford, Carlisle, Harrogate and Stretford
- Saturday 28 October – Luton Wardown, Poole, Bushey East Mosley and Cassiobury Hertfordshire
- Saturday 4 November – Porthcawl, Hudderfield and Rickmansworth Hertfordshire
- Saturday 11 November – Erddig Wrexham, Princes Park Liverpool and Chester
- Saturday 18 November – Highbury Fields London, Warrington and Torbay Velopark Hertfordshire
- Saturday 25 November – Southsea, Livingston and Blackpool
- Saturday 2 December – Bournemouth, Woking and Great Lines Medway
- Saturday 9 December – Southwark London and Bramhall
- Saturday 16 December – Whitley Bay and Worthing
- Saturday 23 December – Netley Abbey Southampton and Conkers, N.W. Leicestershire
- Saturday 30 December – Eastbourne and Panshanger Herfordshire