Next week (8 March) is International Women’s Day, a global celebration of the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. The day also encourages people and organisations to take action towards a more inclusive, gender equal world.
With our commitment to being an inclusive employer, we’re supporting this year’s campaign and the theme of #PressforProgress
Wherever you are in the country, there are lots of ways you can get involved and support the #PressforProgress campaign:
- Make a #PressforProgress pledge and take action
- Use the hashtag #PressforProgress on Twitter and get involved in the conversation
- There are events and celebrations planned across the Co-op, so ask your manager if there’s anything planned in your area. The International Women’s Day website also has lots of resources you can use to get involved – including event packs, widgets, selfie cards and content to use in school talks
- If you’re based in Manchester or Glasgow, we’re hosting these events at our support centres, and everyone’s welcome:
Book yourself onto a development workshop (various sessions/locations – check event details):
- Perfectly Imperfect session – The power of bringing your whole self to work
- Purpose session
- Emotional intelligence
- Aspire #PressForProgress evening event
From 12-2pm you can also join us in the 1 Angel Square Atrium to find out how our Fairtrade roses are supporting a maternity unit in Kenya, and chat to colleagues from our Aspire network.
Join Catherine Muirden, Food HR Director for a discussion about the importance of our Ways of Being in creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.