We’ve won an amazing 16 awards for product innovation and food quality at this year’s Grocer’s Own Label Awards.
The awards celebrate the best of the best in supermarket and retail Own Label and here are our winners:
- Free From Irresistible triple chocolate cookies (Innovation and Category winner)
- Irresistible French Macaroon collection (Innovation and Category winner)
- Co-op onion Bhaji sandwich (Innovation and Category winner) (currently out of range but will be back in stores from September!)
- Free From Tagliatelle (Innovation and Category winner)
- Irresistible super green salad (Innovation)
- Irresistible Theakston Ale & Thyme cooking sauce (Innovation winner)
- Co-op Rainbow fries (Innovation winner)
- Irresistible chicken & cracked black pepper sausages (Innovation winner)
- Irresistible decadent artists’ collection chocolates (Category winner)
- Irresistible sticky toffee pudding (Category winner)
- Irresistible Belgian chocolate cake (Category winner)
- Co-op rye bloomer (Category winner)
Our colleagues over at Nisa also won an award for their Heritage Chicken Saag Masala with Pilau rice.
Breige Donaghy, Director of Delicious Food said:
“We’re absolutely delighted with these awards and it’s a true reflection of the hard work from our talented development team. The fact that it’s two more Grocer Own Label awards than we won last year is the icing on the cake!”
And the awards keep on coming.
For the fourth year running we’ve been named Sandwich Convenience Retailer of the Year at The Sammies! This win really demonstrates how we’re continuing to stretch and evolve our offer in a core mission.
And our Own Brand wines have collected an amazing 28 wins at the International Wine Challenge Awards. The wins include:
- Irresistible Fiano (Silver)
- Irresistible New Zealand Explorer’s Sauvignon Blanc (Silver)
- Irresistible Australian Shiraz (Silver)
- Irresistible Bio Bio Malbec (Bronze)
- Fairtrade Cabernet Sauvignon (Bronze)
- Irresistible Prosecco Special Cuvee Brut (Bronze)
Simon Cairns, Category Trading Manager for Beers, Wines and Spirits said:
“This is great recognition for our fantastic wine range and our passionate wine buying team and shows our commitment to becoming the leading retailer for beers, wines and spirits in the UK.”
Congratulations to everyone involved.
With the sun due to shine this weekend (and a Royal Wedding to toast) what better excuse to pop into store and try one or two of our award winning delights.