We have seven goals to deliver our Stronger Co-op, Stronger Communities ambition:
We’ll be looking at each of them in turn, starting with thinking about what the goal ‘A Co-op which is agile, lean, safe and connected’ really means.
In a nutshell:
It’s about getting the basics right and saving money to invest in our future. Making sure we run our businesses in the most efficient and effective way. Acting as one Co-op to remove duplication and work together better. Keeping everyone who works with us, or visits us, safe. And protecting our data.
That means a Co-op where:
- we all question ourselves whenever we spend anything – could the money be saved and put to better use on something else?
- we pool our expertise and share best practice for the benefit of everyone across Co-op.
- we have a culture of spotting potential risks or problems and sorting them out before they happen.
- we stay GDPR compliant and treat everyone’s information securely.
What we’re already doing
- We’re finding the fuel for growth – making savings in how we run Co-op so we can invest in our ambition and spend members’ money better.
- We’ve set up our Co-op Service Centre to reduce duplication, share expertise and provide colleagues, members and customers with a better experience when they call us.
- Raising awareness of GDPR was part of this goal too – making sure that we focus on keeping our colleagues’, customers’ and members’ data safe and secure. You can read more about GDPR on our colleague site.
Let us know what you think
How can you help us achieve this goal? Please share your comments and ideas in the comments below. And if you have questions about this goal, please email us and we’ll answer the most popular ones at the end of the week.
You can catch up with our progress across all our goals in our Q2 2018 quarterly update.