We’ve now completed our first three-month cycle of Pulse surveys that we introduced to give us a regular temperature check on how you’re feeling about working here.
You may remember this quarter our focus was on one Co-op – a really important part of our Stronger Co-op, Stronger Communities ambition – and our people priorities of inclusion, wellbeing, recognition and performance.
Between May and July you told us:
- Engagement across Co-op remained stable at 75%.
- Most of you told us you’re having regular performance conversations, with six out of ten colleagues saying they have them at least monthly.
- Wellbeing and bullying, harassment and discrimination needs continued leadership focus, as 12% of colleagues said they’d experienced bullying, harassment and discrimination in the last month. This is simply unacceptable and I’ll be focusing on this with your leadership teams.
- You want to have more opportunities to have your say particularly during change.
- You said you see less (6% decline) of your leaders showing positive behaviour, such as giving feedback on performance or encouraging team discussion. These things are really important, so our Talkback about your leaders survey next month will help us understand more about this.
If you’ve not yet seen the Talkback Pulse scores for your area, please speak to your manager.
Talkback – about your leaders survey coming this week
In response to your feedback, we’ll run our new Talkback – about your leaders survey for all colleagues from 4 -18 September.
This survey will focus on how you feel about your manager, as we know this is crucial to how you feel about working here.
The survey is completely confidential and handled by our external partner, so please be open and honest in your responses as we can’t change anything if we don’t know about it. Only managers with teams of five or more will get individual reports, so your individual responses won’t be seen by anyone at the Co-op (smaller teams will wrap-up into your manager’s manager).
Look out for your invite in your inbox (it will go to the email address you registered in MyHR) on 4 September and take this opportunity to share your views.