The Quality Food Awards (or The Q’s for short) is one of the most prestigious awards in the industry. It celebrates the best in product development in Food Retail; we normally do quite well, but this year’s been bumper! It means a lot to see all our efforts pay off and see developers get the recognition for the great work they do.
We won an amazing total of 20 awards; 17 for product categories and three overall awards. Winning Bakery Retailer of the Year made perfect sense as we won three out of the five bakery awards! Our Irresistible Brie de Meaux got Overall Gold; being named the best product above all the other winners is a huge deal – it means it’s truly the cream of the crop. It’s great to see one of our core lines coming out on top, as it shows we’re committed to quality all year round. Give it a try this Christmas if you haven’t already; it’s the perfect addition to a festive cheeseboard.
For me, probably the most exciting part of the night was our Director Breige Donaghy winning the Q Food Hero award. It celebrates someone whose hard work, passion, enthusiasm and drive has made waves in the industry, and it’s voted for by the public. We nominated Breige for it and tried to keep it secret, but had to tell her so she’d come to the event – so I’m glad she won! Since joining the Delicious Food team, she’s transformed our offering, totally reinvigorating the team and instilling a real passion for quality food in all of us. We’d be in a completely different place without her and nobody deserves it more than her.
All in all, we had a fab night! The market’s really competitive at the moment and the judges take everything into account, including price; it’s encouraging that we’re doing so well. Getting all our product developers to come together and celebrate successes was a rare treat; we’re all proud to work at Co-op – we know we’re leading the way.
Product Developer – Protein, Delicious Food Team
Check out our other wins:
Christmas Q Awards
• Irresistible Christmas Fruited Sourdough
• Irresistible Cranberry and Apricot Topped Pork Pie
Good Choice Awards
• Co-op Gluten Free Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli
• Co-op Naked Cod and Butternut Squash, Pumpkin, Spinach and Harissa Fishcake
Quality Foods Awards
• Co-op Irresistible Kalamata Olive Roll
• Co-op Raspberry Croissant
• Co-op Irresistible Belgian Chocolate Cake
• Co-op Irresistible Toffee Apple Crumble
• Co-op Irresistible Slowly Matured Somerset Vintage Cheddar
• Co-op Irresistible Brie de Meaux
• Co-op Irresistible Cottage Pie
• Co-op Rainbow Uni-cones
• Co-op Watermelon Wedges
• Co-op Irresistible Lily Mashing Potatoes
• Co-op Irresistible Milano Salami & Emmental Cheese Sub Roll
• Co-op Irresistible Rhubarb & Ginger Conserve
• Co-op Irresistible Butternut Squash and Scamorza Pizza