The Bereavement Notification Service (BNS) is a great free service available to our Funeralcare clients in England and Wales. It’s designed to take away some of the stress for our clients during a difficult time, and to help them navigate some of the practical matters that need to be taken care of when a loved one has passed away.
Our clients are already seeing the benefits.
Ryan Tessier, from our Littlehampton funeral home, was talking with a family about the ‘tell us once’ scheme. He was able to ask “do you have anyone helping you with that? It’s something we can do”. When the family mentioned they also needed to appoint a solicitor for Probate, Ryan let them know we can also help with this if they’d like us to. He reassured his clients that they didn’t need to do anything other than to expect a call from the Bereavement Notification Service.
This service is great for our clients and doesn’t cost them a penny – even the phone call is free. And although the conversation may cover our other services, like Probate, there’s no obligation to take any of them forward.
The BNS team offers lots of practical help, which includes:
- explaining legal jargon, so it’s easier to understand
- showing how to close down social media accounts
- stopping unwanted mail being sent to the deceased
- notifying organisations that need to know about the death
- letting insurers know about cars or property that may no longer be covered
- explaining how to make sure empty properties are secure
- advising on Probate, if it’s needed
- giving advice and assistance when a coroner or inquest are involved
By working closely together in this way across Funeralcare and Legal Services, we can continue to hold our clients’ hands every step of the way. The Bereavement Notification Service is a great example of this and it’s already making a real difference.
Managing Director, Life Planning and Legal