By Jane Ashworth, Events Manager
The meeting will be held at Manchester Central and is set to really showcase the best of our Co-op. If you’re planning to come along, I’m sure you’ll have a great day.
Even if you can’t join us in person, you don’t need to miss out. You can watch the meeting live and find everything you need to know about the AGM on our app, which is available to Apple and Android users – just search for ‘Co-op Events’.
We’ll also be streaming our AGM live on YouTube.
If you’ve told us you’re coming to the AGM:
- remember to bring your Co-op Membership card and another form of ID, like a bank card
- download our ‘Co-op Events’ app to use during the event
- here’s a list of things you can’t bring into the AGM
Here’s what to expect on the day:
Registration and networking (from 8.30am)
Remember to bring your Co-op Membership card and another form of ID.
Marketplace (8.30am – 3.00pm)
Join us in our marketplace and find out more about what our businesses have been up to. Teams from Food, Insurance, Funeralcare, Legal Services and Ventures will all be there, along with the Co-op Community and Campaigns, Member Voice, Being a Co-op Colleague teams and our Members’ Council.
You’ll get to taste our new summer food range, including our new member-designed Tuscan Sausage and Broccoli Irresistible Pizza and meet other co-ops: including Suma, the Plunkett Foundation and Glenwyvis whiskey and gin distillery.
There’s also going to be a festival style bar, serving a sample sized selection of Co-op prosecco, cider and gin, with entertainment at different points throughout the day.
Workshops (both 9.00am – 10.00am)
You don’t need to register for our workshops, but spaces are limited, so first come first served:
- Financial performance – a chance to find out more about how our businesses performed in 2018
- Members’ Council – come and meet the people that represent you and your community. It’s a chance to listen to their thoughts and share your views about how our members can be more involved in our Co-op
AGM meeting (10.30am – 1.30pm)
Hear our Chair, CEO, Council President and others review the year, ask any questions and have your say by voting on the motions.
Useful information: Our AGM is being held on Saturday 18 May 2019 at Manchester Central, Petersfield, Manchester, M2 3GX.