By Danny Matthews, Apprenticeship and Community Resourcing Lead
Last week we celebrated National Apprenticeship Week 2021 and what a great week it was.
This year’s celebrations were all about sharing how apprenticeships can help ‘Build The Future’ of businesses and communities. Throughout many of our activities we shared insight, knowledge and experiences of how Co-op apprenticeships help to create a stronger Co-op and stronger communities.
Over the past seven days we’ve hosted a range of online events, shared powerful colleague stories and announced our commitment to close the opportunity gap for underrepresented groups by developing our very own Co-operative Levy Share.
With some incredible stories and information to share, we pulled out all the stops to make sure we shouted about Co-op apprenticeships across a range of channels, here’s some of our highlights:
- Announcing our plans to create a Co-op Levy share, donating £500k ourselves and calling on other employers to co-operate and pledge funds
- Engaging over half a million people via social media channels with Co-op Apprenticeships
- Speaking to over 250 colleagues, parents, teachers and students in our series of live events
- Running two apprenticeship masterclasses for Co-op Academy students and their parents
- Upskilling our people team on apprenticeships
- Launching our first Level 7 solicitor programme in Co-op Legal Services
On top of this, we’re really pleased with the feedback we received for our sessions.
- We received an average rating of 4.75/5 for the content of the sessions
- An average rating of 5/5 for the delivery of the sessions
- And 100% felt the sessions met their expectations and they understood Apprenticeships more
It’s been an incredibly busy week for all involved but one which has been really inspiring to see how much passion and support our apprenticeship programme has both internally and externally too.
With many of our sessions recorded and accessible on Microsoft Stream, there are plenty of opportunity for you to catch up. You can head to our Apprenticeship Hub to find out more about apprenticeships at Co-op.