By Emily Haworth, Product Developer
Our chocolate eggs are a real treat. Not only are they visually stunning, but they’re totally delicious and made with love using the very best Fairtrade chocolate. A true feast for your eyes and taste buds. But even better still, our range is now more sustainable than ever.
We’ve removed the inner plastic packaging and the windows on our own brand chocolate eggs, saving over 14 tonnes of unnecessary plastic – which is the same weight as an elephant. So, when you buy a Co-op Easter egg, you’re championing a better way of doing business, changing lives by supporting Fairtrade and helping us protect the planet.
Without further ado, I’d like to introduce you to our incredible Easter range this year, starting with our amazing eggs.
- Co-op Irresistible Fairtrade Golden Praline – This stunning egg is hand-decorated with golden cocoa nibs and milk chocolate confetti flakes – and there’s a praline-filled golden mini egg at its centre. Only £6.40 for Colleague Members
- Co-op Fairtrade Free From Choc Easter Egg & Caramel Flavour Truffles – You’d never guess our delicious egg, with caramel flavour truffles, is milk-free! Only £2.70 for Colleague Members
- Co-op Fairtrade Golden Honeycomb Loaded Egg – A fabulous explosion of chocolate (milk and white), caramel, cereal balls and crunchy honeycomb. Only £4 each, 2 for £6.40 or 3 for £8 for Colleague Members
- Co-op Irresistible Extra Thick Valencia Orange Crunch 220g – An extra-thick shell, infused with Valencia orange oil, is studded with crisp white chocolate pearls and cocoa nibs. Only £4.80 for Colleague Members
- Co-op Fairtrade Salted Caramel & Pretzel Loaded Egg – Caramel and sea-salted fudge, white chocolate shortcake balls and salted mini pretzels – all loaded onto one fantastic egg. Only £4 each, 2 for £6.40 or 3 for £8 for Colleague Members
We have even more to offer from our Easter range, including our Irresistible Hot Cross Buns (which are ‘taste approved by Good Housekeeping), Easter themed cupcakes, Easter Egg Hunt Baskets (including Free From) and Easter Bunny Chocolate Bunny Lollies. We’ve also developed some deliciously scrummy recipes this year if you’re looking for some Easter inspiration.
Fairtrade chocolate eggs without the plastic packaging is the hero of our Easter campaign
We’re bringing our Easter campaign to life with a fully integrated comms campaign which will help us highlight our Co-op difference. You’ll see our amazing Fairtrade Easter eggs and key plastics messaging throughout national press and on dynamic outdoor advertising, reaching millions of customers and members.
We also have some fun and engaging comms planned for our digital channels showcasing our sustainable packaging, value and Fairtrade chocolate credentials to help drive conversation on social media, as well as an email to our members.
Our Food magazine (in store now), the Co-op blog and our website all help tell the story of our range and the good they do in terms of packaging and Fairtrade, whilst showcasing our delicious chocolate eggs.
I hope you’re excited to get your hands on some of our Easter products this year and try them for yourself. If you’re not yet a Colleague Member, you can easily sign up here to take advantage of your colleague member benefits.
Also, don’t forget to spread the great news about our sustainable Easter eggs to your friends, family and social networks via Social Hub.