By Lois McClure, Assistant Partnerships Manager
I’m excited to announce that we’re going to be bringing our Co-op shops back to nine different festivals this summer. And we need you to be part of our festival crew!
We need over 600 colleagues to help us run, manage and serve our customers. It doesn’t matter where you work either – everyone’s invited to apply.
We’d looking to hire a mix of colleagues from our food stores, funeral homes, depots, legal services and support centres. No previous experience is required – we’ll train you up and get you going.
If you’re ready to jump straight into it, you can apply right now via our Festival Crew Recruitment colleague site.
This year, the nine music festivals we’re planning to join are:
- Download: Monday 6 June – Monday 13 June
- Isle of Wight: Tuesday 14 June – Monday 20 June
- Glastonbury: Monday 20 June – Monday 27 June
- Latitude: Tuesday 19 July – Monday 25 July
- Belladrum: Tuesday 26 July – Sunday 31 July
- Kendal Calling: Tuesday 26 July – Monday 1 August
- Creamfields: Tuesday 23 August – Monday 29 August
- Leeds: Monday 22 August – Monday 29 August
- Reading: Monday 22 August – Monday 29 August
The dates are inclusive of the onsite date when you’ll arrive and when we closedown.
These festivals are not only a great experience for you, but also a fantastic opportunity for us to grow our Co-op – bringing our amazing products and our unique difference to this music and community loving customer base!
What to expect
If you want to work with us, I can promise it’ll be good fun but hard work. You’ll be serving thousands of customers every day, replenishing stock and delivering a fantastic customer experience for festival goers. The stores are a 24/7 operation and we’ll be looking for teams to work over three shifts every day.
- Early crew (7am – 3:30pm)
- Late crew (3pm – 11:30pm)
- Night crew (11pm – 7:30am)
It’s not just all work and no play though. On your downtime, you’re free to explore, experience and enjoy the music and atmosphere to your hearts content. This year, some of the biggest and best artists and bands are playing. You can see the likes of Kasabian, Lionel Richie, Billie Eilish, Paul McCartney, Dave, Arctic Monkeys and hundreds more.
To help you get here, we’ll arrange and pay for your public transport or there’s an opportunity to claim for some mileage too. At the festivals, you’ll have access to our private colleague sleeping area away from the general public, where you’ll be provided with a single person tent, a blow-up bed and have access to private toilets and showers.
Colleagues who’ve joined in previous years have made friends for life. And year after year, they want to come back to do it again.
We’re looking for a real mix of colleagues to join us, including:
- Festival Crew – colleagues from across the Co-op who want to work in our festival store serving customers and keeping our store fully stocked for festival goers
- Store Managers who will help us run and operate the stores. Please only apply for this role if you’re a Food Store Manager
Applications are open now to every colleague who works at Co-op. Please make sure you talk to your line manager, informing them of the festivals and dates you’d like to join before applying.
It doesn’t matter about your background, experience, job or age – don’t be afraid to try it out. We’re looking for a diverse group of people with a passion for Co-op and are willing to work hard.